Drug rehab centers like Cedar Point Recovery are intended to help people stop compulsively or abusively using or seeking drugs.
What are Drug Abuse and Drug Addiction?
Drug abuse is the patterned use of drugs in which abusers use drugs in an amount – and at a frequency – that may be harmful to themselves or to the people around them.
Drug addiction is a chronic – often relapsing – brain disease that causes obsessive drug seeking and consumption, regardless of the consequences suffered by the addict. Drug addiction is progressive in nature, meaning that it usually gets worse over time, not better.
You can learn more about the signs and symptoms of drug abuse and drug addiction here.
Why Seek Treatment at Drug Rehab Centers in CA?
Some people who abuse or who are addicted to drugs successfully stop using on their own for short periods of time. However, they often relapse and return to using drugs. Even people who have received some rehabilitation treatment for drug addiction can relapse and return to using.
However, at Cedar Point Recovery’s California drug rehab center in CA, we combine:
- The right treatment methods
- The right types of support
- A loving and caring environment
This combination of resources gives clients the opportunity to build the foundation they will need to achieve long-term addiction recovery.
What are Principles of Effective Drug Rehab Centers?
Attending drug rehab centers – by itself – rarely results in achieving long-term addiction recovery. Making that first call and walking through the front door are important steps on the road to recovery. However, there are many components to stopping drugs, avoiding relapse, achieving long-term addiction recovery, and building a healthy life.
Here are some principles of effective drug rehab centers that can help make your time at a drug rehab center successful:
- No single approach to rehabilitation is appropriate for each and every person. There is no effective ‘one size fits all’ approach.
- Effective rehabilitation is not just about drug use; the individual’s many other treatment needs must also be considered.
- Remaining in attendance for the recommended period of time is important to long-term addiction recovery success.
- Combinations of continuing counseling (including individual or group drug counseling and other types of behavioral counseling) must be available.
- Continued individual rehabilitation aftercare should be considered where appropriate.
- For many people, medication can be an important part of rehabilitation. Many drug users also have other disorders that need treatment if long-term recovery is to be achieved.
- To be effective, rehabilitation needs to be readily available to those with even a slight interest in getting help. Success does not always have to start out with complete willingness.
- Effective rehabilitation programs must be able to assess patients for other health concerns, like HIV/AIDS, hepatitis B and C, tuberculosis, and other infectious diseases.
What are Effective Approaches to Rehabilitation in Drug Rehab Centers?
There are many drug rehabilitation methods. However, anyone committed to long-term addiction recovery should consider a combination of treatment types.
- Drug rehabilitation programs typically include counseling sessions that focus on how to recover and prevent relapse.
- Behavior counseling can provide an individual with effective means to deal with drug cravings, provide strategies to avoid relapse, and teach how to cope with relapse if it should occur.
- During and after drug addiction treatment, many patients find community support by attending one of the self-help type groups modeled around the 12-Step program first developed by Alcoholics Anonymous®. You can find out more here.
Factors Influencing Treatment in Drug Rehab Centers
The treatment program team at Cedar Point Recovery rehab center in CA looks at any factors that may influence a client’s drug addiction treatment, including:
- Type of addiction
- Duration of addiction
- Physical health
- Family status
- Other mental illness
- Personal/professional commitments
These are just some of the factors that must be considered in planning the most effective drug rehab centers for you. At our California drug rehab center, our accredited treatment professionals are equipped to handle a wide variety of substance abuse issues.
Other Disorders Influencing Drug Addiction
Many people suffering from drug abuse and drug addiction also have separate and distinct mental health issues. These issues can include:
- Bi-polar disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Panic disorders
- Borderline personality disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Cedar Point Recovery’s rehab treatment center in CA coordinates with Psychiatrists and Psychologists to thoroughly evaluate client mental health issues, allowing us to make sure that clients receive comprehensive treatment in our drug rehab center in CA. These combined services are designed to help our patients restore peace to their lives, work towards a full recovery, and live free from drug addiction.
Aftercare Following Treatment at Drug Rehab Centers
After you complete drug addiction treatment at our drug rehab center in CA, we will carefully coordinate aftercare for you with our extensive network of addiction specialists across the United States. We will identify an appropriate aftercare program in your area and work with you to develop and implement strategies to prevent relapse into active drug addiction.
Ongoing Monitoring Following Drug Rehab in CA
Outcome studies reveal that clients who participate in ongoing monitoring programs after rehab treatments have the greatest chance of maintaining abstinence from drugs. These services may be mandatory for certain professionals (including healthcare workers, pilots, transportation workers, and others).
Ongoing monitoring after completing rehabilitation treatment in our drug rehab center in CA provides an added incentive and a much-needed boost in relapse prevention. We believe that these services should be incorporated into an aftercare plan for our clients who are serious about addiction recovery. We offer these services through our Alumni Association and case managers with whom we have relationships.
Call Us for Drug Rehabilitation Treatment and Addiction Help
Please call our drug rehab center in California today for a free consultation to find out what counseling programs may be available for you or your loved one. Call our rehab center in CA 24 hours a day at, or contact us here.
One call may be all it takes to make a brighter tomorrow.