Drug addiction treatment and treatment is intended to help people stop compulsively using or seeking drugs. Drug addiction is a progressive, chronic disorder where some people succeed for short periods of time, and typically a one-time drug treatment is not sufficient. Drug treatment is more than spending time in a treatment center, so keeping vigilant and using a variety of different treatment approaches is imperative to keep drug addiction at bay. Depending on the length and severity of drug abuse and addiction, there are numerous types of CA drug abuse treatment centers that have programs that will last for various lengths of time.
What Are The Principle Effects of Drug treatment?
Drug addiction treatment in a treatment center alone is rarely, if ever, successful. There are many components, or elements, to stop using drugs, avoiding relapse, achieving long-term sobriety and rebuilding a healthy life. Here are some of the effective principles in drug treatment today:
- No single drug addiction treatment is appropriate for everyone because drug addiction is a complex disease affecting the function of the brain and a person’s behavior.
- Effective treatment is not only about the drugs used, but it is also about the multiple needs of the individual. Remaining in treatment for the correct period of time is important to long-term success.
- Combinations of continued therapies are most common. They include individual or group counseling and other behavioral therapies.
- Depending on the person’s unique situation, medications can be an important part of treatment for many patients because many drug addicted individuals also have other mental disorders.
- treatment needs to be readily available, and does not always need to be voluntary to be effective.
- Drug treatment centers in CA must have treatment programs that can assess patients for other health concerns, such as; HIV/AIDS, hepatitis B and C, tuberculosis, and other infectious diseases.
What are Effective Drug Addiction treatment Approaches
There are various drug addiction treatments that include one or a combination of therapies. However, anyone who committed to and wishes successful, long-term recovery should consider a combination or treatments. Depending on the level of addiction, the person may need steps to help withdraw from using the drug, and that’s called drug detox.
- Drug addiction treatment programs typically include sessions that focus on how to get sober and prevent relapse. These programs are available in various settings from outpatient to residential and inpatient programs, and can be set in an individual, group or family setting.
- With behavior therapies, an individual can find ways to deal with drug cravings by suggesting different strategies to avoid relapse. What’s also important is to learn how to cope if one does relapse. These types of behavioral therapies can come in the form of individual or family counseling with a psychologist, psychiatrist or addiction counselor, and in these sessions, one can involve talking about work, legal problems, and relationships with family and friends.
- Most self-help type programs model themselves around the 12-Step model that was first developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. There is a 12-Step program that can focus on different drug addictions, and the reason they do this is to help people identify with others who are like minded and can offer support outside of tradition behavioral therapy. On such group is the California Narcotics Anonymous group.
What Can You Do?
If you or someone you love needs help with drug addiction treatment, call Cedar Point Recovery at (888) 687-6977, or contact us here.