Alcoholism treatment is intended to help people stop compulsively using or seeking alcohol. Alcoholism is a chronic disorder that is progressive in nature, and although some people succeed at stopping for short periods of time, they sometimes relapse. Alcoholism treatment is more than spending time in a California treatment center, so keeping vigilant and using a variety of different treatment approaches is imperative to keep alcohol addiction at bay. We recommended continued aftercare treatment after leaving our alcohol treatment center. Depending on the length and severity of a person’s addiction, there are numerous types of alcohol treatment centers that have programs lasting various lengths of time.
What Are The Principles of Effect Alcoholism Treatment in CA?
Alcoholism treatment in a CA treatment center alone is rarely, if ever, successful. There are many components, or elements, to stop drinking, avoiding relapse, achieving long-term sobriety and rebuilding a healthy life. Here are some of the effective principles in alcohol treatment today:
- No single alcoholism treatment is appropriate for everyone because alcohol is a complex disease affecting the function of the brain and a person’s behavior.
- Effective treatment is not only about the alcohol used, but it is also about the multiple needs of the individual. Remaining in treatment for the correct period of time is important to long-term success.
- Combinations of continued therapies are most common. They include individual or group counseling and other behavioral therapies.
- Depending on the person’s unique situation, medications can be an important part of alcohol treatment for many patients because many alcoholics also have other mental disorders.
- Alcohol treatment needs to be readily available, and does not always need to be voluntary to be effective.
- NJ Alcohol treatment centers must have treatment programs that can assess patients for other health concerns, such as; HIV/AIDS, hepatitis B and C, tuberculosis, and other infectious diseases.
What are Effective Alcoholism Treatment Approaches?
There are various alcohol treatment methods that include one or a combination of therapies. However, anyone who commits to successful, long-term recovery should consider a combination or treatments. Depending on the level of addiction, the person may need steps to help withdraw from using the alcohol, which is called an alcohol detox.
- Alcohol abuse treatment programs in CA typically include sessions that focus on how to get sober and prevent relapse. These programs are available in various settings from outpatient to residential and inpatient programs, and can be set in an individual, group or family setting.
- With behavior therapies, an individual can find ways to deal with alcohol cravings by suggesting different strategies to avoid relapse. What’s also important is to learn how to cope if one does relapse. These types of behavioral therapies can come in the form of individual or family counseling with a psychologist, psychiatrist or addiction counselor, and in these sessions, one can involve talking about work, legal problems, and relationships with family and friends.
- Most self-help type programs model themselves around the 12-Step model that was first developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. There are various 12-Step programs that focus on different addictions, and the reason they do this is to help people identify with others who are like minded and can offer support outside of tradition behavioral therapy.
What Can You Do?
If you or someone you love needs help with alcoholism treatment, call Cedar Point Recovery at 866-441-3700, or contact us here.